CAMPING & GLAMPING RATES & FACILITIES
- Accommodation is in spacious, 5 metre wide, pre-erected canvas bell tents.
- Sleep on a proper comfortable bed - each tent will sleep up to four (1 double + 2 single beds - an extra single can be provided if required).
- Bedding provided.
- Coir matting floor.
- A battery operated lamp provides light in each tent.
- Plus everything below
- Level pitches in grassy, woodland clearings.
- Fully equipped camp kitchen with electric points, camping stoves, microwave oven, a fridge for campers use, pots, pans, crockery and cooking utensils.
- Newly created Camper's herb garden outside the kitchen area.
- Washing up sinks
- Showers and toilets including disabled/ family shower room.
- Camper's dining room, serving continental breakfast daily.
- Option of a delicious, home cooked table d'hôte style, evening meal available twice a week.
- Also selling reasonably priced hot and cold drinks, wine, some spirits and non alcoholic drinks.
- Camper's lounge with sofa, bean bags and outdoor seating area.
- Barbecue area.
- Fire pits with campfire seating around them.
- Dedicated parking area away from the tents.
- Well behaved dogs welcome.
- If you are travelling light and don't want to use your own tent or choose our glamping option, we have small tents and camping equipment for hire for use on site - just ask if you are interested in this.
- English & some basic French spoken on site.
Site open May 4th - September 28th 2019
LOCAL FACILITIES & SHOPPING
Camping Gallois au Petit Bois is located in a beautiful rural area surrounded by farmland, grazed mainly by Limousin beef cattle. There is little traffic noise here and no light pollution at night.
Nearest village to the campsite is Ladapeyre (3 km) with small bread shop and a tabac/bar.
Chatelus Malvaleix (4 km) is larger and has a lot more including a small Casino supermarket, 2 bread shops, a butcher, hairdresser, bank with cashpoint, Doctor, a small hardware shop and a small tourist information point within the Marie. There is a small market here on a Friday morning.
Further afield at Bonnat (12.5 km) is a larger Intermarche supermarket.
Gueret (18 km approx 20 mins drive) is the nearest big town with 5 major supermarkets including Lidl and Aldi. The other 3 all sell fuel. Gueret also has a good size market on Thursdays and Saturdays. There are plenty of places to eat here from cheap and cheerful to really expensive.
stay At CAMPING GALLOIS AU PETIT BOIS
MEET YOUR HOSTS
Simon and Anne Nicholls relocated to France from Wales in 2018, fulfilling a lifelong dream to live here.
Seasoned campers, they've travelled and camped with their children all over Europe, including France, Belgium, Spain, Andorra, Luxembourg and Germany and have a good understanding of what campers need and what makes a good campsite. They've set out to create just that at Camping Gallois au Petit Bois.
Anne is a fully qualified, skilled and experienced Cook & Catering Manager and enjoys providing campers with continental breakfast daily and twice weekly, home cooked meals on site using local produce.
Simon previously worked as farm labourer, both in agriculture and animal husbandry. He enjoys putting his practical skills to use around the campsite.
Simon and Anne look forward to welcoming you soon!
If you have any questions just get in touch!